Mastering is what you need when your mix sounds good on its own, or on a certain set of speakers, but it needs that extra oomph to make it come alive–across all listening devices and compared to your favorite recordings.
Before (volume raised for fair comparison):
When you get your music mastered by us, the overall loudness, brightness, low end, and width of your mixes will stack up against your favorite recordings. If you send us an album or EP, it will sound consistent from song to song. We can also add energy, excitement, and immediacy to your recordings. (Yes, there's a knob for that.)
In other words: listeners will be able to simply enjoy your music. They won't be distracted by having to adjust their volume, treble, or bass controls after putting your music on after one of their other favorite artists. And this will be true regardless of where they're listening–in a car stereo, on an iPod, at the club, on the radio, etc.
Our Mastering Promises
- If you want feedback on your mixes before we begin, we're happy to offer it. Just ask.
- If we don't think we can improve your mixes, we won't accept your money. Period. And if we think your mastering goals are unrealistic, we'll tell you. We'll do all we can to help you improve your recordings or suggest other alternatives.
- If you want to know what we did and why we did it, we'll tell you.
More Details About Our Mastering Service
- What you'll send us: one WAV or AIF for each song
- 30 days free revisions
- Tell us your favorite records and we'll use them as references, or leave it open ended and we'll do what we think best suits your music.
- Fancy-schmancy audio techniques potentially involved: limiting, EQ, compression, stereo width adjustment, de-essing, mid-side processing, multi-band processing.
- For more info check out our Frequently Asked Questions.