Indie Rock Mastering
While we here at Fix Your Mix consider ourselves firmly rooted in pop music, we're no strangers to the pop side of indie rock, psych, and folk (yes, some of us even live in Brooklyn). Some of our favorites are TV on the Radio, Grizzly Bear, Tame Impala, The Shins, Deerhunter, and Autolux. We also quite like electronic/synth-heavy indie: Neon Indian, Toro Y Moi, Purity Ring, Crystal Castles, STRKFR, and Sleigh Bells. We may have even written something about your favorite bands. When it comes to indie rock mastering, it isn't always about making everything sound polished and pristine. Sometimes it's all about the energy. Making your tracks come alive. Have a listen for yourself:
Indie Rock Mastering Clips
Before & After (Indie / Electro)
Before (volume raised for fair comparison):
Think you may need more than just mastering? Jump to our Stem Mastering section.
Our Mastering Promises
- If you want feedback on your mixes before we begin, we're happy to offer it. Just ask.
- If we don't think we can improve your mixes, we won't accept your money. Period. And if we think your mastering goals are unrealistic, we'll tell you. We'll do all we can to help you improve your recordings or suggest other alternatives.
- If you want to know what we did and why we did it, we'll tell you.
More Details About Our Mastering Service
- What you'll send us: one WAV or AIF for each song
- 30 days free revisions
- Tell us your favorite records and we'll use them as references, or leave it open ended and we'll do what we think best suits your music.
- Fancy-schmancy audio techniques potentially involved: limiting, EQ, compression, stereo width adjustment, de-essing, mid-side processing, multi-band processing.
- For more info check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Indie Rock Stem Mixing & Mastering
Think you may need more than just mastering? You may also be interested in our Stem Mixing & Mastering package, which is a hybrid between our mixing package and our mastering-only package, designed for artists with fully- or partly-mixed songs.
Mixing from stems enables us to do almost everything we would during the mixing stage–punchier drums, tighter low end, vocals more up front–all while retaining the essential character of your existing mix. Take a listen:
Indie Rock Stem Mixing Clip
Stem Mixing & Mastering only $120/song.Read more about our Stem Mixing service.